Practicum Trainee/Externship Position
Willow Anxiety & OCD is a small, specialized private practice in Los Gatos, CA (San Francisco Bay Area) that provides cutting edge, evidence-based treatment for OCD, anxiety disorders, perfectionism, BFRBs, and mood disorders. We primarily offer Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and draw heavily from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and mindfulness-based theory and practice.
We are seeking a practicum student/extern for the academic year 2021-22.
At Willow Anxiety & OCD, we pride ourselves on offering a collegial, supportive, professional environment, with exceptional training and collaboration. We strongly believe in disseminating evidence-based therapies and provide the highest quality training and supervision to clinicians at all levels of professional development. We welcome applications from students in master’s level and doctoral level psychology programs for externship. We are looking for candidates who want to develop niche expertise in CBT for our target population.
During COVID, all services are provided remotely; with the flexibility to continue to provide tele-health in the future.
· In a master’s or doctoral program in psychology or related field (PhD, PsyD, MS, MA, MFT)
· Prior evidence-based training in CBT, DBT, or ACT a plus
· Comfortable in working with clients in individual therapy, group therapy, and IOP
· Ability to work with children, teens, and adults
· Passion for learning and interest in treating anxiety disorders and OCD
· Expected to diagnose and treat mental health disorders, primarily OCD and anxiety related disorders. Create individualized treatment plans according to client needs and circumstances. Meets with clients regularly to provide treatment and adjust treatment plans as necessary. Conducts ongoing assessments of client progress
· Trainees will be expected to complete 2 days weekly
· Willingness to conduct sessions via telehealth and in-person
· Collaborative approach and interest in being a team player
· Interest in research is a plus
What we offer at Willow Anxiety and OCD:
· Camaraderie in a small practice
· Flexible hours so you can make your own schedule, including some work-from-home
· Opportunity to develop expertise in anxiety disorders and OCD treatment
· A diverse client population
· Collegial and dynamic work culture
· Steady stream of referrals matched to your expertise
· Ongoing professional development taught by Dr. Jakatdar, with specific training in Cognitive Behavior Therapy for anxiety disorders, perfectionism, depression, ERP for OCD and BDD, ComB model and habit reversal for BFRBs
· Regularly scheduled clinical group supervision/consultation to collaborate on cases internally
· Opportunities to participate in research projects
To apply, please email application materials to email@example.com
· CV (required at the time of applying)
· Cover letter outlining your interest and experience with evidence-based modalities for our specific client population (required at the time of applying)
· 3 letters of recommendation from clinical supervisors/academic advisors (can be sent later in the process)